Central Oregon Ear, Nose and Throat is committed to the health and safety of our patients and staff and we are closely monitoring the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
As the situation and recommended precautions are rapidly evolving, we have implemented these safety precautions to protect our patients, providers, and staff, and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Our Bend office location will remain open for very limited urgent only needs. At this time, we have temporarily closed our Redmond satellite office. Urgent visits are physician screened and only scheduled with physician approval. All other appointments will be rescheduled and offered a Telemedicine virtual visit. Patients can call and reach our office staff to ask questions, schedule future in office appointments or schedule Telemedicine visits.
Please Call 541-382-3100
Patients are being screened for COVID-19 symptoms as recommended by the CDC for fever, cough, or potential exposure over the phone at time of scheduling, the day prior to the appointment and at the time of appointment Patients that are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are instructed to:
- Cancel their appointment and call their primary care physician’s office.
- All patients entering our clinics are required to use hand sanitizer located in multiple areas outside and in our waiting room.
- Patients have been screened by a COENT employee prior to coming in for their appointment and have been identified as low coronavirus risk.
- Patients coming in for appointments may only bring one other essential person with them such as a caregiver, advocate, or adult accompanying a minor, otherwise we ask that the patient comes alone.
Many ENT conditions can be evaluated and treated with a telemedicine appointment with one of our physicians. If your appointment is canceled, or if you are a new patient and unable to see a physician in the clinic, Central Oregon Ear, Nose and Throat may be able to offer you a telemedicine visit to ensure the continuity of your care.
- We continue to follow strict levels of sanitization, increasing to hourly cleanings around the clinic, as well as deeper cleaning by our external company at night.
- Waiting room furniture has been re-arranged to allow for more distance between patients.
The current mandates only allow procedures to occur that are deemed medically necessary to prevent further harm to patients if delayed. We will reschedule surgeries as soon as it is safe to do so in accordance with Oregon state guidelines.
If you are experiencing the symptoms of a cold or the flu, if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, or if you have travel domestically or internationally to an impacted area in the last 14 days, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment.
We are happy to assist you with rescheduling your appointment to a later date or giving you more information on a telemedicine appointment by calling 541-382-3100.
Please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html