Dear Valued Patients,
First and foremost, Central Oregon Ear, Nose and Throat would like to extend our appreciation to each of our patients for your support during this unprecedented time. We value your trust, your loyalty and for allowing us to be your ear, nose, and throat provider.
It is an honor to serve our patients and the Central Oregon community.
Our practice has made the decision to resume all patient visits as of May 4, 2020 under specific, strict, safety measures.
We will continue to offer telemedicine visits, by request, for any patients who do not wish to come into the office.
We understand the increasing concern and uncertainty surrounding the developments of the COVID-19 virus across the state of Oregon.
Here at Central Oregon Ear, Nose and Throat, we are taking this situation seriously by initiating all the necessary precautions to protect our patients, our team, and our community. Your health is our top priority and we want to make sure you continue to feel safe when visiting our offices.
These safety measures will be strictly enforced to prevent exposure and to actively reduce any risks to our patients, providers and staff. We are confident that with these efforts, we have a firm grip on the situation and will be able to continue to see our patients safely.
- A designated medical staff member will screen patients as they arrive. Temperatures will be taken, and screening questions given to each patient and guardian/essential caregiver. Individuals that fail the screening will be referred to urgent care.
- Hand sanitizer use required upon entry to our office.
- Only the patient who is scheduled to be seen will be allowed in the office; all family members will need to remain outside. Minors will be allowed to be accompanied by one adult parent/guardian only or essential caregiver.
- Every patient and every employee of Central Oregon Ear, Nose and Throat are always required to wear a face mask, no exceptions. Patients who arrive without face protection will be rescheduled. Unfortunately, due to limited mask supplies during COVID-19 we are unable to supply masks to all of our patients.
- Sanitizing all high touch surfaces in the waiting room and front desk area hourly.
- Scheduling extra time between each patient to sanitize and clean medical equipment and exam rooms thoroughly.
- We are limiting how many patients we see in the office per hour to create extra social distancing space. We will only be allowing 4 patients, in our waiting room at a time and they will be placed in exam rooms as soon as possible.
- Our team will be screened every morning to ensure that they are not displaying any symptoms of the virus.
As recommended by the CDC, we are asking our patients to refrain from coming into the office if you are experiencing or meet any of the below criteria:
- Extreme Fatigue
- Shortness of Breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Muscle aches and pain
- Sore Throat
- New loss of taste or Smell
- Have traveled outside of the state within the last 8 weeks.
We have faith in our team to keep our patients safe and we will continue to serve our patients to the best of our abilities during this time. We appreciate your support, patience and understanding as we do all that we can to keep our community safe.
Together, we will overcome this health crisis as we remain mindful, responsible and united.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please do not hesitate to call our offices at (541) 526-1133.
Thank you for your trust in us!
Central Oregon ENT Physicians and COENT Team